Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My Heart Faints Within Me: Seeing God's Face

I came accross this in devotions this week... (Right now I'm studying the book of Job)
Job 19:25-27: "For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been thus destroyed, yet in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another. My heart faints within me!" (ESV)

I have a question for you if you are a born again Christian. Does the mere thought of seeing God face to face cause your heart to faint within you? You might ask, "what does that mean?" I think it is an excellent descriptor for the following...
Psalm 73:25-26: "Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

God is the strength of my heart, and yet my heart faints within me when I think of seeing His face.

He has said to me, "Seek My face." My heart says to Him, "Your face, LORD, do I seek." Hide not your face from me. Turn not your servant away in anger, O you who have been my help. Cast me not off; forsake me not, O God of my salvation! (Psalm 27:8-9)

We see the fulfillment of the outcome of our salvation in the following:

Revelation 22:3-4: "No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads."


The human race in Adam hides from God, but in the end His children will see Him face to face. Honestly, this reality causes my heart to faint within me. Let's live today with this in mind! We will see our savior's face!~

In Christ
Noah

No comments: