Tuesday, June 06, 2006

People just Disagree...I don't know why???

It's amazing how many people in the world that disagree with you. I was talking with Lindsey the other day and the first time I realized that tons of people disagree with me came to my mind.

I was a junior in high school in Mr. Kindheart's class at Dallas Center-Grimes. We were in World History I or II...not sure. He asked, "are you for or against the death penalty?"

We all sat and thought for a few seconds then he said, "Raise your hand if you're against the death penalty." I firmly raised my hand...and then I looked around...and I was the only one out of about thirty people with my hand sticking straight up. I was amazed (I know...pretty naive).

Then Mr. Kindheart said, "Raise your hand if you're for the death penalty." Shockingly everyone else's hand went up!

I couldn't believe it. This many people disagree with me. It rocked me. As I get older the more I realize that I disagree with a lot of people. Even the people that I agree with a lot about I still disagree with something that they think. I just need to get over it and embrace the mystery of it:)

No comments: