Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Mission to Israel

We have some brothers and sisters in Christ that are in Israel right now. I just received an email from Rob yesterday...here's some of what he had to say...
This last Sunday I shared (after Rod and George had) from 1 Corinthians 1:18-31.

God has continually put me in situations this week that have made me so thankful for these verses, and so in awe of God for my salvation. If you have a chance this week, take a day to meditate on these verses.

Also, look at Ephesians 2:8, Matthew 11:25-26, and especially 2 Corinthians 4:4 and 4:6. Read v.6 right after v.4 and you will see what I mean.

Israelis (Muslims and "Christians" here) have a very, very, very postmodern mindset. "All 3 religions are the same [of course they are not]" and "You're way works for you" are the orders of the day.

If I didn't think you would get bored I would paste all of 1 Corinthians 1:18-31 because it responds to us as believers so well, but instead I will just take a few verses.
"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written: 'I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.' Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe... we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to the Gentiles, but to those who believe... Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God."

Wow! Praise the Lord for our salvation! Praise the Lord for removing the blinders from our eyes so that we can see his face! I was talking with Rod about this earlier tonight (poor Rod, I have talked to him a lot about this :) and he said, "It makes you wonder why he chose us."

Answer? God chose the foolish things of this world to shame the wise! it is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God - that is, our righteousness, holiness, and redemption.

Thank the Lord that I am not responsible for the salvation of these people, because my Arabic is terrible and my responses are not always perfect. But maybe some of them will one day boast in the Lord as their wisdom, their righteousness, their holiness, and their redemption. Good night guys, I love you!

Please pray for Rob, the team...that the glory of God would be seen by the folks they are ministering to. Also pray for the political tensions between Israel and Palestine and that they would accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. They are there for Christ...not Israel and not Palestine!

Rob, that's a good Word!

In Christ
Noah

No comments: