Sunday, February 25, 2007

Snowed in Sunday Worship!

[UPDATE: Turns out Valley Church had services. Still the plows hadn't come yet and we only have one car...an honda civic that slips on everything and and would get stuck pretty easily. So we didn't brave the conditions. Besides after watching the news I just assumed that every church cancelled. Wrong assumption I guess:)]


Well, we couldn't get out for worship at a local church this morning, I woke up early this morning and every church cancelled services. But we could worship at home. So here's the family worship time we had this morning.

Preparation for worship: Prayers from the Valley of Vision
• I read...Meeting God [p. 148] favorite line: "Strengthen and give thee no rest until Christ shall reign supreme within me."

• Lindsey read...Christ Alone [p. 23] favorite line: "Here, it is my duty to be as Christ in this world to do what he would do, to live as he would live, to walk in love and meekness; then would he be known, then would I have peace in death."

Scripture Prayer
Ephesians 3:14-21 favorite line: verse 18-19, "to know the love of Christ that suprasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God."

Prayer
• Lindsey
• Me
• Lindsey

Scripture Reading
Hebrews 7-10 Favorite lines:
o 7:3 "[The priesthood in the order of Melchizedek...namely Christ] Having neither beginning of days nor end of life"

o 7:24-25 "[Jesus] holds his priesthood permanently, because he continues forever. Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them."

o 8:10, 12 "...I will be their God, and they shall be my people...I will remember their sins no more."

o 9:22 "...without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins."

o 9:26, 28 "...But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself...Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him."

o 10:31 "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."
Exposition/Preaching of the Word
• We listened to Ligon Duncan's Sermon on Titus 2:1-10.

Singing Psalms, Hymns and Spiritual Songs [Lindsey is an excellent pianist!]
My Jesus, I Love Thee [no. 405] Favorite line: "I love Thee, because Thou hast first loved me, and purchased my pardon on Calvary's tree, I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thy brow."
Take My Life, and Let It Be Consecrated [no. 310] Favorite line: "Take my moments and my days; Let them flow in ceaseless praise."


Soli Deo Gloria
Noah

No comments: