The EFCA's "10 Leading Indicators of a Healthy Church"
The Evangelical Free Church movement exists to glorify God by multiplying healthy churches among all people.
1. Centrality of God's Word (II Tim. 3:16, 17)
2. Passionate Spirituality (Eph. 5:18-21; 6:10-18)
3. Fruitful Evangelism (Luke 19:10)
4. High Impact Worship (Psalm 100)
5. Mission and Vision-Driven (Matt. 28:19-20)
6. Leadership Development (II Tim. 2:2, I Tim. 3:1-13; I Pet. 5:1-11)
7. Church Planting (Acts 1:8; Acts 13-28)
8. Financial Stewardship (I Tim. 6:17-19)
9. Intentional Disciplemaking (II Tim 2:2; Matt. 28:19-20)
10. Loving Relationships (John 13:35)
Here are the 9 Marks of a healthy church from 9MARKS ministries.
The Mission of 9Marks
We believe the local church is the focal point of God's plan for displaying his glory to the nations. Our vision is simple: Churches that reflect the character of God. Our mission is to cultivate and encourage churches characterized by these nine marks:
1. Expositional Preaching
2. Biblical Theology
3. Biblical Understanding of the Good News
4. Biblical Understanding of Conversion
5. Biblical Understanding of Evangelism
6. Biblical Understanding of Membership
7. Biblical Church Discipline
8. Promotion of Christian Discipleship and Growth
9. Biblical Understanding of Leadership
In identifying and promoting these nine marks, we are not intending to lay down an exhaustive or authoritative list. There are other significant marks of healthy churches, like prayer and fellowship. We want to pursue those ourselves as well, and we want you to pursue them with us. But these nine are the ones we think are most neglected in most local churches today, with the most damaging ramifications. Join us in cultivating churches that reflect the character of God.