Here are a few questions (from Zach) to think about for the Bible study tonight:
(1) verses 11-13: How does ones faith play in this verse? Where were the hearts of the Pharisees?
(2) verses 14-16: What does the leaven/yeast mean?
(3) verses 17-32: Why would Peter confess that Jesus is Christ in verse 29 and then argue with Jesus’ plan?
(4) verse 33: Does Satan have to be present with you to affect your thinking? Or if you let him into your life, can he affect your focus in life?
(5) verses 34-35 What must take place for somebody to save their life by losing it?
I’ll write a little later regarding (2) What does the leaven/yeast mean, (4) Does Satan have to be present with you to affect your thinking, or if you let him into your life can he affect your focus in life?, and (5) What must take place for somebody to save their life by losing it?
(UPDATE: I didn't have enough time this week to answer question 4 and 5. I tried, but my mind went down too many tangents to bring into a short/cohesive post to put on the blog, if your curious ask me sometime:)