Friday, April 20, 2007

Rugged Individualism

Just curious what everyone thinks out there. Something one might notice through observation in Iowa is that from time to time people won't accept grace. Particularly, when something happens and a person needs help they tend to not accept the grace of another person to help out.

I've noticed this at work. Sometimes someone will be buried in work and I'll offer to help and they'll just respond saying something like, "I don't need any help...I can do it on my own." "I wasn't questioning that," is usually my response.

Why is it, do you think, that people won't accept grace from other folks (especially in in Iowa)? Is this just an Iowa thing?

Just curious what everyone out there thinks...

[BTW, I've been crazy busy w/ homework the last couple weeks...I need to let my yes be yes and no be no, so I'm not going to say that this week I'll get back to the church series...but soon I will. My last final is on 5/4/07, so your guaranteed some writing on the church series at that point in time.]

1 comment:

Ryan said...

God seems to relate grace and humility, so I would think one reason might be pride.

I hear you regarding school, it's that time of year. :) Hope it goes well.